Tuesday, April 9 @ 4 p.m. – PLANNING MEETING WITH BISHOP FOR ENGAGING ALL DISCIPLES EVENT – with St. Mark’s, Maquoketa and St. John’s, Dubuque
Ash Wednesday, March 6; March 20; April 3 & 17 @ 9:30 a.m. – Lenten Book Study (Holy Solitude: Lenten Reflections with Saints, Hermits, Prophets, and Rebels, by The Rev. Heidi Haverkamp)
- Sunday, March 3 – The Rev. Heidi Haverkamp (www.heidihaverkamp.net), Guest Preacher
- Sunday, January 27 – Christian Unity Prayer Service @ 3 p.m.
- Sunday, January 27, 2019 – Annual Meeting @ 10:30 a.m.
- Sunday, December 2 – WINTER SCHEDULE RESUMES – One Service @ 9 a.m.
- All Parish Christmas Party – Wednesday, December 5 from 5:30 – 7:30 p.m. Come enjoy food, drink & friendship in the Parish Hall
- Fall 2018 Bible Study – The Letter of Paul to the Galatians–2nd & 4th Wednesdays @ 9:30 a.m.
- Tuesday, November 20 – Thanksgiving Week Holy Eucharist @ 11 a.m. Followed by All Parish Luncheon
- Blessing of the Animals on the Feast Day of St. Francis – October 7 @ 2 p.m. in the church garden (indoors if raining)
- June & July 2018 – Bible & Brew (Sunday Lectionary Preview) @ Local Restaurants and Pubs
- Saturday, April 28 – Growing Iowa Leaders with Bishop Scarfe @ St. Mark’s Church, Maquoketa – 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Annual Meeting & Catered Brunch – January 28, 2018
- Christian Unity Service – January 21, 2018
- Blue Christmas Service – December 12 @ 5 p.m.November 22 – Thanksgiving Eve Eucharist & Parish Lunch
October 8, 2017 – Blessing of the Animals
July 8, 2017 – Installation and Welcoming of New Rector
Christ Church hosted the Episcopal Diocese of Iowa’s East Chapter meeting on August 27.
Christ Church held its Community Impact fundraiser at Pizza Ranch on August 14.
Christ Episcopal Church hosted Lifeline Screening on March 3rd.
37 participants were screened. The Lifeline team found one person with significant findings in the carotid artery, and they were advised to follow up with their physician.
Unity Service January 22
Christ Episcopal Church hosted the Clinton Ministerial Association’s Christian Unity Service on January 22.
The theme was how we erect walls which hinder community and unity. Some of the stones in the wall were discrimination, intolerance, abuse of power, isolation, and pride.
United Music Ministry performs December 4
Christ Church decorated for Christmas